Climate Finance and Green Growth Consultant - Economics and Finance
Do you want the opportunity to work with a committed, professional, talented and empowering team, who are passionate about development and work effectively to deliver results to make a difference?
Do you want the opportunity to sharpen your skills and experience across a wide range of areas with diverse partners and clients and in so doing, helping the team be at the forefront of thinking and practice?
The E&F team is looking for a committed and ambitious climate finance specialist to help build the business and deliver our programme of work.
This is a great opportunity to strengthen business skills, build awareness of development in many areas and to deepen economics and finance skills in a supportive work place working in interesting and challenging areas.
See more responsabilities and information on the following Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PXrq97lbk0Z_iusgOenRxRO7WTY4gU_y/view?usp=sharing
- Degree qualification in Economics
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Economics, International Development, Climate Change)
- Experience in economic and financial appraisal of investment proposals, development of climate resilience projects, or feasibility studies for green growth investment projects
- Recognised as a sector leader in the development and appraisal of climate finance and green growth investment projects
- Experience in writing successful proposals (including technical components) for multi- and bi-lateral clients, such as DFID, World Bank, EU and USAID
- Experience in International Development either through employment or volunteering
- Demonstrable skills in presenting complex subjects to diverse audiences
Abilities & skills
- Native/Bilingual Level of English
- Strong mathematical and modelling skills in excel, including macros, complex formulae, pivot tables etc
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Confidence and enthusiasm
- Good attention to detail and ability to carry out complex finance, contractual and administrative tasks
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to adapt appropriately within various situations
- Co-operative and supportive team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Additional language skills would be an asset; particularly French, Spanish, or Russian
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Self-motivation and pro-active attitude
- Flexible attitude to meet the needs of the role
- Commitment to IMC’s objectives, ethics and values
- Excellent work ethic