Financing of Marina Malaga PPP
Description of project
Marina Malaga is a company with the concession rights and the project to develop a new marina in the heart of Malaga City. The new “Marina Malaga” would be the third largest in Malaga province (after Puerto Marina and Puerto Banus) with 566 berths. Additionally, 160 spaces of dry-sailor, 7,000 sqm of retail surface and 360 car park spaces are included in the project. The total investment for the project is aprox. 35 MM €. The Malaga Port Authority awarded the concession. IRR of the project is estimated to be aprox. 20%.
The owners of the company hired Aninver to search for funding for the execution of the project, which included different strategic options, from selling total or partially the company to a pure project finance loan.
- Study of strategic options for financing the project
- Preparation of a feasibility study
- Coordination of all technical and financial documentation for due diligence
- Search for potential partners
- Contact and negotiation with potential equity partners
- Search for potential banks to arrange a project loan
- Contact and negotiation with potential financial institutions