Strategic positioning and tourism master plan; Kibuye, Karongi, Rwanda
Description of project
Although Rwanda is experiencing healthy growth in both arrivals and tourism investment, a significant acceleration in growth is required by the Government. Within the sector, the WBG has identified two key constraints to accelerated growth: in one hand, the lack of a tourism regulatory body and an unclear inconsistent regulatory framework, and in the other hand the concentration of tourism activities in just two areas, Kigali and Virunga. The area of Kibuye in the District of Karongi has been identified as one of the focus areas to develop in order to diversify tourism activities beyond Kigali and Virunga, and our firm has been selected to undertake a comprehensive exercise in positioning and master planning of that area.
- Developing a market positioning for the destination
- Conducting a visioning exercise with stakeholders
- Identifying all barriers and challenges, and potential solutions if possible
- Developing a tourism master plan for the Karongi District
- Developing a time-bound action plan for the implementation of the master plan